The start of winter here in Victoria has been a very fresh one, quite a few frosty mornings and fogs so thick you can’t see 100m in front of you. The winter beauty box by Flora & Fauna came with a lot of beautiful products that I’ve been loving using.
- Inika blush- Peachy Keen. This blush, oh my God! It is so bright and scary looking in the packaging I thought that I would look like a clown when I put it on! However, when applied with a VERY light hand and slowly build up it is an incredible natural flush of colour, like I’ve been in a hot room for a while. I’m yet to have a product I don’t like from this brand, so incredible pigmented so it lasts forever. Love.
- Hanami lipstick- Dance, Dance, Dance. The packaging of this lipstick is so simple, sleek and light! The colour i didn’t think really suited me, even though my beautiful cousin stated otherwise haha. I think I might be a bit bright for me to wear during the winter months as I’m more of a everyday nude sorta gal, but I’m sure on a sunny day or when I feel I need a pop of colour, I’ll be reaching for this. The lipstick feels great on, really comfortable and does not come off, I put some on my hand and it took ages to wear off even after my attempts to get it off with a wipe.
- Yarok Feed Your Moisture- Shampoo. Jam packed with nourishing and beautiful smelling oils and all natural ingredients this shampoo made my hair so shiny, healthy and silky. I used it alone without any conditioner and I was really happy with it, I don’t think I’d ever even need to condition if this was in my shower.
- Sukin- Super Greens Chia Seed Oil+. I love this brand! The products are generally really great and very affordable. This chia seed oil is quite nice, it also containing hemp seed oil, olive fruit oil, baobab oil and super greens (providing extra nutrients and antioxidants). It absorbs into my skin pretty quick and doesn’t make me to shiny or oily, I pat it on after a shower in the mornings. Only issue I have, with Chia seed oils in general, is why do they smell so bad?!
- Dr. Bronner’s- Castille Liquid Soap Unscented. Is there anything this product can’t be used for?? It’s fantastic, I’ve used it as a shampoo, body wash for both myself and the kids, makeup brush cleanser etc. I wouldn’t mind getting some of the scented ones.
- Dr. Bronner’s Bar Soap Peppermint. This soap is really nice, very mildly scented, has a good amount of bubble when rubbed between the hands but doesn’t leave any in the sink like other hand washes and soaps. It is really moisturising and I could definitely tell that it was made from oils, very gentle on sensitive and kids skin. My boy absolutely loves using the “magic” soap.
- Pana Chocolate- Mint. 2 little squares of chocolate heaven. So creamy and smooth, just the perfect darkness (not to sweet, not to bitter). Vegan with no added sugar, that’s my kinda chocolate!
I love buying these boxes, they’re always packed with beautiful products. Flora & Fauna are an amazing company.